- The Coronavirus pandemic has put a maintain on main tournaments similar to IPL 2020 and the England County Championship.
- This is an inventory of all of the sequence and tournaments which have both been cancelled or postponed because of the pandemic.
Modified 28 Mar 2020, 12:25 IST
Just a few weeks in the past, in the direction of the tip of February, there was a variety of chatter round India’s tour of New Zealand and what it meant for the way forward for Indian cricket. Publish the gruelling tour, the main target was on the largest franchise-based league, Indian Premier League 2020.
Nonetheless, inside the first week of March, the outbreak of the coronavirus dented the world of sport. Upcoming bilateral competitions have been being pushed to later dates, just a few even referred to as off because of the well being issues raised by the virus.
South Africa’s tour of India was referred to as off after the primary ODI was deserted as a consequence of rain, New Zealand’s tour of Australia got here to a untimely finish after the hosts picked up a 71-run win from the primary ODI.
On March 13, it was introduced that the IPL was being postponed to April 15, and on the identical day, England’s tour of Sri Lanka was referred to as off. A day later, BCCI introduced that they have been placing a maintain on home tournaments such because the Irani Trophy scheduled to happen over the subsequent few weeks.
Over the subsequent week, all of the sequence and tournaments deliberate for March and April have been both referred to as off or postponed indefinitely. The PSL knockout levels have been cancelled solely hours earlier than the 2 semifinals as a world lockdown was put into place, forcing cricketers into self-isolation.
Since March 16th, the world of sports activities has been on maintain and whereas we look ahead to the subsequent replace on when the motion resumes, here is an inventory of sequence and tournaments which have both been referred to as off or postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Record of cricket tournaments cancelled or referred to as off as a consequence of COVID-19
Indian Premier League 2020 postponed
- IPL 2020 was initially scheduled to happen on March 29, however has been pushed to April 15.
India v SA ODI sequence postponed
- The primary ODI of the three match sequence was deserted as a consequence of rain, and the subsequent two have been referred to as off because of the pandemic.
PSL 2020 semis and finals postponed
- The semifinals have been scheduled to happen on March 17th, and the ultimate on March 18th.
Australia v New Zealand Chappell-Hadlee sequence cancelled
- The ultimate two ODI matches have been cancelled after Australia picked up a 71-run win within the first ODI.
England County Championship 2020 postponed
- It was additionally introduced by the England Cricket Board (ECB) that no cricket might be performed in England until Might 28th.
England tour of Sri Lanka postponed
- The 2 Take a look at matches as a consequence of start on March 19th (Galle) and 27th March (Colombo) have been postponed.
Indian home tournaments postponed
- Irani Cup (18 March – 22 March), Senior Ladies’s and U19 ODI knockout, Senior Ladies’s One-Day Challenger, Ladies’s U19 T20 Challenger Trophy, Ladies’s U23 knockout, Ladies’s U23 One-Day Challenger have all be postponed.
Bangladesh’s tour of Pakistan closing leg postponed
- Bangladesh have been scheduled to play an ODI on April 1 in Karachi, adopted by a Take a look at match on April 5.
Bangladesh’s tour of Eire postponed
- Bangladesh have been scheduled to play three ODIs and Four T20Is towards Eire starting on Might 14.
Eire tour of Zimbabwe postponed
- Eire have been to play a sequence consisting of three ODIs and three T20Is starting on April 2.
Australia’s Sheffield Protect closing referred to as off
- The summit conflict of Australia’s home match was referred to as off, with New South Wales declared because the winners of the competitors.
South Africa’s home season closing spherical cancelled
- Lions have been declared because the champions of the 4-Day Home Sequence, Dolphins emerged because the winners of the Momentum One-Day Cup.
New Zealand’s Plunkett Protect cancelled
- Wellington have been topped because the champions of this 12 months’s competitors.
T20 leagues cancelled
- Everest Premier League (March 14)
- ACA Africa T20 Cup (March 21)
- European Cricket League [ECLT20] (Might 31)
Dhaka Premier League Record-A matches postponed
- The matches scheduled to be performed on March 18th and 19th have been pushed to a later date.
Netherlands tour of Namibia in Windhoek cancelled
- Netherlands and Namibia have been set to sq. off in a sequence consisting of two ODIs and 4 T20Is.
Asia XI v World XI in Bangladesh cancelled
- The much-awaited clashes have been to happen on March 21 and March 22.
ICC Qualifying occasions postponed
- The ICC mentioned in an announcement that every one the qualifying occasions resulting in the upcoming World Cups might be pushed to a later date.
Australia girls’s tour of South Africa cancelled
- A 3-match ODI sequence and a set of three T20Is have been scheduled to be contested between the 2 sides however have been cancelled.
Highway Security World Sequence postponed
- The Highway Security World Sequence that includes India Legends, Australia Legends, Sri Lanka Legends, South Africa Legends and West Indies Legends was pushed to a later date after simply 4 matches.
West Indies Championship 2020 cancelled
- The ultimate two rounds of the competitors have been cancelled with Barbados declared champions.
Provided that there isn’t any readability about when varied lockdowns will finish within the affected international locations, we might see many extra tournaments scheduled for late 2020 both postponed or cancelled as nicely.
With the newest cricket match being contested solely again within the third week of March, cricket followers will hope to see their stars return to take the sphere as early as potential.
Printed 28 Mar 2020, 12:25 IST
Fetching extra content material…