4 gamers had been introduced as Heisman Trophy finalists on Monday, with Joe Burrow being joined by Justin Fields, Jalen Hurts and Chase Younger.
It’s a star-studded discipline, however one participant stands above the pack as most deserving of the Heisman Trophy in 2019.
Right here, we rank the 4 Heisman Trophy finalists, from fourth to first.
4. Chase Younger, defensive finish, Ohio State
If Chase Younger hadn’t been suspended two video games, he nearly definitely would rank greater on this record. He was one of the best participant in faculty soccer this previous season. Interval.
Enjoying in simply 11 video games as a result of suspension, Younger racked up 44 tackles, together with 21 for a loss, and led the nation with 16.5 sacks, together with seven compelled fumbles.
3. Justin Fields, quarterback, Ohio State
Fields was excellent this 12 months. However he additionally had a ton of assist in the backfield with J.Okay. Dobbins carrying the load to the tune of 1,829 yards and 20 touchdowns on the bottom.
Nonetheless, what Fields did was darn spectacular, and he completely deserved to take the journey to New York for the Heisman Trophy presentation.
- 67.5% passer, throwing for two,953 yards with 40 touchdowns and one interception.
- 471 yards speeding, with 10 touchdowns
2. Jalen Hurts, quarterback, Oklahoma
An exceptional dual-threat passer, Hurts has Oklahoma within the Faculty Soccer Playoff and has clearly been the most effective gamers within the nation for the previous few years. His remaining collegiate marketing campaign was one to recollect, as he took to Lincoln Riley’s offense like a fish takes to water.
- 71.8% passer, throwing for 3,634 yards with 32 touchdowns and 7 interceptions.
- 1,255 yards speeding, with 18 touchdowns
1. Joe Burrow, quarterback, LSU
There’s little question that Burrow will win the 2019 Heisman Trophy, proper? This man has been main the way in which for many of the 12 months after beautiful everybody with a torrid begin that by no means let up. Burrow has led the Tigers to dominant victories towards among the nation’s finest groups, and LSU’s No. 1 rating reveals that.
Even higher, he had his definitive Heisman second throughout the SEC title sport.
- 77.9% passer, throwing for 4,715 yards with 48 touchdowns and 6 interceptions.
- 289 yards speeding with three touchdowns.